- Majesco Entertainment has appointed a new CEO, and the publisher is shifting away from producing retail games to digital to become profitable, according to the company.
- Nintendo will be launching nine new amiibo figures in September: Browser Jr., Dr. Mario, Gandondorf, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, a special 8-bit Mario figure for Super Mario Bros.‘ 30th anniversary, Duck Hunt, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch.
- Skylanders SuperChargers has online play, and its own take of Mario Kart.
- Destiny players who purchase the game’s upcoming Taken King expansion can take advantage of a character boost that helps them bypass the grind needed to get into the game’s new story arc.
- The Windows version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 will provide 100% ranked dedicated servers, two-player split screen, game controller support, GPU scaling, SLI/Crossfire optimizations, 4K monitor support, a FOV slider, a framerate cap slider, improved text chat in-game and in lobbies, Steam trading cards, and Treyarch anti-cheat.
- Customers who buy the Halo: The Master Chief Collection or Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag 500GB Xbox One bundles can get a 40-inch Samsung smart TV and bundle for $499.98.