Editor’s Note: This is the GameSentral Lead, a news recap that goes beyond the headlines.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3′s last-generation versions will only include the series’ trademark Zombies and competitive multiplayer modes with no single-player campaign, according to Activision.
- According to Cloud Imperium Games, the developer is “streamlining” its four officers to focus on specific parts of Star Citizen, rather than laying people off.
- Lego Dimensions will be supported by three years’ worth of additional content, according to TT Games’ Mark Warburton.
- 43 days after beginning, Twitch has completed its playthrough of Dark Souls.
- Mighty No. 9 will be released on February 9th in North America, according to publisher Deep Silver.
- Io Interactive’s new Hitman is now scheduled to launch on March 11th, 2016.
- A new Xbox One update increases the limit on players allowed in party chat from eight to 12.
- Nintendo is bringing back rare amiibo like Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Fox, Greninja, and Shulk, according to Nintendo of America’s Twitter account.