Editor’s Note: This is the GameSentral Lead, a daily recap that goes beyond the headlines.
- At a media event during the Game Developers Conference, Sony confirmed that PlayStation VR will cost $399, and will be availble this October.
- 2K has revealed what will be in the Season Pass for MOBA-like shooter Battleborn.
- According to Ubisoft, The Division had the biggest first week ever for a new game franchise, generating $330 million globally in its first five days from both physical and digital game sales.
- Starting on Sunday, the Xbox One will receive a $50 price drop for all bundles, meaning that it will start at $299 for a “limited time,” according to Microsoft.
- According to the PlayStation Blog, pre-orders for Sony’s PlayStation VR headset will begin at 7 a.m. PT (10 a.m. ET, 3 p.m. GMT) on Tuesday.
- Destiny‘s Spring update will include new PVE challenges, updated gear, increased rewards, and a new quest featuring the Blighted Chalice Strike when it launches on April 12.
- Nintendo has detailed what’s coming in the Hyrule Warriors Season Pass.