Editor’s Note: This is the GameSentral Rewind, a daily recap of the top gaming headlines.
PS4 was March’s best-selling console
According to figures released by the NPD Group, the PlayStation 4 was the United States’ best-selling console in March.
According to the group, the PS4 was the top platform for The Division as well.
“We are truly humbled by the success and look forward to delivering more amazing gaming experiences.”
-Sony, in a statement
The Division drives up March software sales
According to the group, Tom Clancy’s The Division was the top-selling game for the month.
Wii U exclusives The Legends of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Pokken Tournament coming in at third and seventh respectively. Both titles were the only single-console exclusives on the list.
Overall, hardware sales were down 19 percent for the month over the same period last year. However, The Division helped drive software sales up eight percent higher during the same period.
The Xbox 360, Ps3, and Wii had a 78 percent decline from last year. Last-gen colleges accounted for two percent of total hardware numbers for the month.
Here are the top 10 best-selling games for the month:
- Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Far Cry: Primal (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- EA Sports UFC 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Pokken Tournament (Wii U)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3)
Combined, hardware and software sales were flat compared to March 2015.